top of page

Healthy Intentions Community

Public·6 members

MINDFULNESS MONDAY

This week we are going to learn an activity that you can do with your kids. If you don’t have little ones around- this is appropriate to do by yourself to help yourself as well.

This activity can be done anywhere and anytime, it can be used as a way to help kids cope with stressful thoughts or feelings.

A suggestion for the week: Sounds & Silence with Kids

· All you need is a small bell, tone bar or meditation bowl, you can even use an app to create a sound. You want to sound to last for 15- 30 seconds or so.

· You can follow this script:

o We’re going to play a game listening to this sound (ring your chime). You will try to listen to the sound all the way until it disappears- going, going, gone. When you hear that it is gone raise your hand and let me know.

o Sit or lie down and get comfortable. Let your eyes close gently.

o When I make the sound, try to not only listen with your ears, but also your body, your mind and your heart. When we really listen to something we listen with much more than our ears.

o I’m going to make the sound a few times now. I want you to listen while the sound is getting quitter and quieter, then when you don’t hear it raise your hand then put it back down for the next time. OK, here we go.

o Ring the bell a few times, allowing it to recede to silence each time

o Keep listening with your ears and with as much of you as you can. Let the sound fill you up. If you forget and start thinking about something else, that’s ok, just start listening again.

o Notice how the sound gets softer and softer until it totally disappears… it is kind of amazing how you can still hear it when it is so soft, isn’t it?

o When there is not any sound, notice the quiet. What does it feel like? Is it restful, or calm, or lively and sparkly? Listening to the quiet can make you feel quiet inside, too.

o You can listen to anything like this, even to other people- you can give a friend or someone in your family 100% of your attention and listening.

o We are going to finish now- good job.

o You can listen with your whole body to sounds around you anytime you like, to calm down and to enjoy the quiet that is in you.

o Thaks for doing this with me today.

I hope you and your little ones have a great week!

About

Welcome to the community! You can connect with other members...

Please Note:  Some aspects of the Mindfulness Monday posts are

shared with permission from Mindfulness Exercises LLC.

bottom of page